Building and Submitting Your Portfolio
Building Your Online Portfolio
You will create and build your portfolio in a private, secure website, accessible only by you via your username and password. You will be able to upload documents and artifacts as well as edit, save, delete and change information over time. As soon as you are confident that your entries satisfy the 3 standards, 12 criteria and corresponding rubrics, you can submit the completed portfolio at any time on or before your submission deadline date.
The ProTeach Portfolio website provides a variety of tools and tips to help you understand the processes of uploading and accessing your portfolio materials.
- The choice of 2 submission deadline dates is defined by the date on which you register. Before registering, consider your teaching schedule and set a reasonable timeline to plan your entries, collect evidence, write your commentary and submit your portfolio. Your personal schedule will be a major factor in the choice of a submission deadline date and, hence, your registration date.
- All ProTeach Portfolio registration windows allow you to choose from 2 submission deadline dates (January 31 or June 28).
- You must select a submission deadline date when you register. After beginning work, if you are unable to meet that submission deadline date and if your registration window has not yet closed, you can choose to submit your portfolio on the alternate date presented within that registration window for a fee of $75.
- Your portfolio must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on the submission deadline date that you chose.
No changes to your portfolio are permitted after you have submitted it for scoring. However, after submission, you will always be able to view your portfolio via your private, secure ProTeach Portfolio website.
In the event you choose to resubmit one or more entries, the online authoring process is identical to that which you used for your initial portfolio submission. However, you will be assessed a resubmission fee, depending on the entry(ies) you choose to resubmit.
- Criterion scores are automatically banked.
- You can resubmit any or all entries, regardless of the score(s) previously received.
- The highest score earned on each criterion will always be used in calculating your composite score, regardless of when an entry is submitted.
- The entire entry must be prepared for resubmission, even if you are strengthening only select criteria within an entry.
- You can use the same lesson or assignment originally submitted, but the majority of the written commentary and artifacts must be different. Resubmissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will not receive a score. Be advised, your original written response will be automatically replaced with new, empty textboxes at the time of resubmission registration.
NOTE: Software is utilized to scan all written commentary for overlap with previous submissions or with another candidate's submissions. Scores will be voided and an investigation with the ETS Office of Testing Integrity may be initiated. Results of all investigations conducted are forwarded to the PESB (WAC 181-87-050, Misrepresentation or Falsification in the Course of Professional Practice).
- To protect from bias, scorers will not know they are scoring a resubmitted entry.
Building and Submitting Your Portfolio — Recap
- If you are submitting your portfolio for the first time, you will be required to submit all three entries at the same time.
- Once submitted, your entries cannot be modified in any way.
- Submissions and resubmissions are built and submitted entirely online.
- CDs, flash drives and other media will NOT be accepted for submission.