Entry 1: Professional Growth and Contributions
Entry 1 measures analysis of and reflection on professional growth and its impact on student learning. Entry 1 gives you an opportunity to show in what ways you:
- analyze your practice and reflect on the strength of your skills and content knowledge (Criteria 2b and 2c)
- advocate for curriculum that meets the needs of each student (Criterion 3a)
- collaborate in school improvement and decision making (Criterion 3b)
For this entry, you will provide written commentary and artifacts that describe your practice and the ways in which you have impacted student learning.
Before responding to this entry, read all associated materials to gain a thorough understanding of the elements of the entry. These include:
- Entry Directions, including:
- Entry Overview
- Standards & Criteria Measured in This Entry
- What You Have to Do for This Entry
- How to Compose Your Written Commentary
- Steps to Completing the Entry
- Guiding Prompts
- Rubric for Criteria Measured
- Needs Assessment
- Professional Growth Activities Log
- Student and Adult Release Forms
The Needs Assessment
The Needs Assessment is a tool to help you determine your focus goals for Entry 1. It is to be used as a reference and is NOT submitted for scoring. Through use of the Entry 1 rubric, the Needs Assessment helps you examine your current practice and reflect on 2 questions:
- Does my current practice result in a score at the "Criterion Met" level?
- What in my current practice would result in a score at the "Criterion Not Met" or "Criterion Partially Met" levels?